Customer Service Associate (For Korean nationals in Mumbai/willing to relocate to Mumbai, India)
Who we are:
CACTUS (www.cactusglobal.com) provides top-notch communication solutions like academic and scientific editing, translation, publication support, English language workshops, transcription to authors, researchers, universities, labs, hospitals and organizations worldwide. Our services are specifically designed to help English Second Language (ESL) authors succeed while communicating in English.With offices in South Korea, US, Japan, India, Singapore and China, our team has worked on 700,000+ documents for 175,000+ customers across 164+ countries in the last 15 years.
People with an international work experience will feel at home with the work culture at CACTUS.
CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv
We were recently ranked #18 in the top 25 Best Small & Medium Workplaces in Asia – 2018, a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute
CACTUS was also ranked 1st as Best Organization for Women Empowerment / Women Talent Development in 2019
Location: Mumbai, India (603/604, Satellite Gazebo, A Wing, Guru Hargovindsingh marg, Chakala, Andheri (E), Mumbai - 400 093)
You will be part of Editage’s customer service team for the Korea market. Editage (www.editage.com / www.editage.co.kr) is CACTUS’ flagship brand that provides these services. Editage is one of top three brands in this space worldwide. Editage’s 50+ member Customer Service comprises of passionate customer advocates from 7+ different nationalities and cultures. We work across offices and time zones and use a combination of deep local knowledge, customer preferences, service understanding and passion to delight customers on every interaction.
- Respond to Korean customer queries over email/chat/phone
- Understand customer needs and requirements over email/chat/phone
- Convert new and prospect customers into fans of our services by giving them the best suited price /service/delivery options in the first go
- Ensure repeat and loyal customers stay loyal by providing a superlative customer service experience
- Be the voice of the customer for internal teams and go the extra mile to delight customers so that they come back and prefer our brand over competition
- Maintain fast response times and adhere to SLAs, while maintaining with zero errors in processes
Required skills & traits
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject
- Native level written and spoken Korean language skills
- Good English speaking, writing and comprehension skills
- Very strong customer focus and a customer first approach
- Ability to multi-task and manage stress
- Positive, passionate, open and keen to learn
Preferred skills & traits
- 1- 2 years’ previous experience in a customer service or related role is preferred (Fresh graduates are welcome)
- Tech-savvy, comfortable with social media platforms and using technology to get daily tasks done
- Like to travel, meet and make friends from different cultures
- Contribute to your team’s success, work well in a team
Click here to watch a short video testimonial of Ms. Maya Yokogi who talks about her journey at CACTUS.
What’s in it for you?
- Global exposure: work in a global organization and interact with colleagues from different nationalities
- Learn & Grow: Our goal is to keep you as long possible and help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally
- Culture & Team: We never stop recruiting the best people because without an amazing team nothing is possible. People at CACTUS are awesome to work with, driven, smart and know how to get things done like nobody else.
- Competitive salary: a competitive salary which allows you to live comfortably in Mumbai.
- Flight tickets: CACTUS will pay for your flight tickets from your home country to Mumbai and back. We will also pick you up from the airport when you arrive.
- Accommodation: CACTUS helps you find accommodation close to the office location. This is usually a 2- bedroom/hall/kitchen apartment. Apartment deposit and brokerage will be paid by CACTUS. You will share this apartment with another Cactizen of the same gender. The apartment will be furnished with sofa, bed, and wardrobe. Amenities like a refrigerator, washing machine, water filter, geyser, microwave oven, gas stove, and utensils will be provided. CACTUS will bear the cost of maintaining these amenities.
- Commute to work: During your first few days in India, an Office Assistant from the Helpdesk team will pick you up and drop you back to your apartment and until you are comfortable handling Indian traffic!
- Visa fees: CACTUS will reimburse your visa application fees upon arrival. We will also provide complete support for Visa and FRRO [Foreign Regional Registration Office]-related work when in India.
- Insurance: You are eligible for accident insurance worth Rs. 500,000 and Mediclaim [Health Insurance] worth Rs. 200,000.
- Health check-up: CACTUS provides a free annual health check-up (provided you are present in office on those days).
- Breakfast: A delicious daily Indian breakfast is available free of cost at office.
- In-house gym: A fully equipped gymnasium is located in the same building as CACTUS office. Members can enroll for group activities like Zumba, Yoga, Masala Bhangra etc.
- Early shift allowance: If you are in a shift starting before 7:00 am IST, you will be eligible to receive 300 INR per day allowance, reimbursement of travel (one way) based on actual expenses and 150 INR per day for food expenses.
Work timings: since this is a customer facing role it requires you to work in rotational 9 hour shifts (including 1 hour lunch break). Earliest shift starts 05:30 a.m. IST, latest shift starts 10:30 a.m. IST. You need to report at least 15 mins before shift starts. You will also need to work 1-2 Saturdays a month. (You will be eligible for compensatory leave in these cases).