Creative Lead, Research Communication Services
This is an exciting new role at Editage, the world’s single-largest provider of science communication services to universities, publishers, and researchers globally. Research Communication is a fast-growing portfolio of solutions that helps establish wider impact of scientific research through non-traditional content formats.
You will spearhead efforts to better understand evolving science communication needs of scholarly publishers, research institutions, science outreach organizations, and researchers, and deliver against them via a team of in-house and freelance science writers, editors, and multimedia producers with the adequate level of knowledge and expertise to tell science stories via multiple content formats and styles.
You will report to the Head of the Research Communication portfolio at Editage.
What does the job entail?
- Working with a team of science writers and designers to break down jargon-heavy, possibly complex, information across scientific disciplines into easy-to-understand and engaging summaries in visual, oral, and audio-visual formats
- Developing communication plans for achieving targeted visibility, media coverage, and/or audience engagement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills so as to be able to work with remote resources and in cross-cultural professional settings
- Consulting with editorial offices, communications departments, research impact offices of customers to understand science communication needs
- Expertise with social media for the purpose of promoting engagement and trust in science
- (Occasionally) delivering webinars, workshops, training programs aimed at outreach and education
Preferred candidate profile:
Must either be a graduate of science communication, mass communication, science media production, public engagement, or similar programs offering training on theoretical and practical aspects of science communication, with professional experience highly preferred, OR
Must have previous experience in any of a wide range of professional science communication careers with media and science organizations, including creative agencies working in spaces adjacent to science media