Content Writer (China)
Who we are
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com) is a provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English-language workshops, transcription, and translation. CACTUS offers these services to two key client segments worldwide: Academia (researchers, scholarly journals and publishers, universities, and academic societies) and Pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. We have our offices in the US, UK, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore and China. Our full-time in-house staff consists of over 700 people and represents a diverse group of people from India, China, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, the US, UK, Germany, and Brazil. We also work with over 2500 contractors from around the world.
We’ve been ranked #18 in 25 Best Small & Medium Workplaces in Asia – 2018, a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute.
We are proud to finish in the 2018 Top 100 Companies for Remote Jobs by FlexJobs! This is the third year for CACTUS to finish in the top 20.
Editage Insights, an offshoot product of Editage, is a comprehensive, multilingual learning and discussion platform designed to educate researchers about all aspects of academic writing and publishing. With websites in English, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean, and reaching over 200,000 researchers per month globally, Editage Insights is the biggest global platform for researchers. Editage Insights in China distributes learning content for researchers in China through various channels such as the Editage WeChat account, ScienceNet blog, and other online and offline platforms used by researchers.
As a Content Writer, you will be responsible for managing all content published on Editage Insights China (www.editage.cn/insights) and on the Editage WeCHat accounts (Id: SCITips and Editage). The ideal candidate would have flawless written and spoken Chinese, an engaging writing style, and some experience with research and publishing. The candidate should also have the ability to repurpose content to tailor it to the channel and the target audience (WeChat versus blog). The role will involve a mix of writing new content specifically for Chinese researchers based on trending topics in China, and translating existing content from the English version of Editage Insights (www.editage.com/insights)
- Write news, updates, and reports for Editage Insights China website and WeChat accounts
- Translate learning and discussion content from the Editage Insights English site
- Format and publish content on the Editage Insights China website and WeChat accounts
- Conduct written and in-person interviews with Chinese academicians, such as researchers, professors, and journal editors
- Invite guest contributions from Chinese writers and professional bloggers
- Maintain a fresh look on Editage Insights China website by regularly publishing and featuring fresh and current content
- Managing the researcher Q&A forum on Editage Insights by directing questions to the right expert to answer, translating and publishing answers, and notifying users
Desired skills & experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Bilingual with native level written and spoken Chinese and above average fluency in written and spoken English
- Previous experience with blog writing, academic writing, or web content writing
- Experience working with journal, publisher, or academic institution preferred
- Passion for good quality engaging content
- Basic familiarity with blog and WeChat functionalities and content
- Ability to communicate and interact well across cultures