AVP, HR- Operations and Automation
Who we are:
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com) is a provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English-language workshops, transcription, and translation. CACTUS offers these services to two key client segments worldwide: Academia (researchers, scholarly journals and publishers, universities, and academic societies) and Pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. We have our offices in the US, UK, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, and China. Our full-time in-house staff consists of over 700 people and represents a diverse group of people from India, China, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, the US, UK, Germany, and Brazil. We also work with over 2500 contractors from around the world.
We've been ranked #1 in India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces – 2017, a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute India in association with MINT, by HT Media: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv.
We’ve been ranked #18 in 25 Best Small & Medium Workplaces in Asia – 2018, a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute
We are proud to finish in the 2018 Top 100 Companies for Remote Jobs by FlexJobs! This is the third year for CACTUS to finish in the top 20.
About the role:
As AVP, HR operations, the main requirement of your role currently is to help us move forward on our vision of implementing technology in HR. This will be in addition to managing routine HR processes including onboarding, Probation/Confirmation, Shift and Leave management, Payroll, Expense Reimbursement, Performance Appraisal, Peer feedback, and Separation.
As AVP, HR Operations you will
- Develop a deep understanding of our business and HR processes in the first 3 months of your joining.
- Explore, analyze and decide on an HRIS solution that maps to CACTUS' requirement and create a road-map for the rollout, make decisions such as when to standardize and when to customize.
- Engage with leadership at all levels as well as Cactizens, to help them make the transition to automated processes.
- Refine HR policies and processes, as needed, to help business and people overcome new challenges and constraints.
- Design, build and share MIS Reports to enable leaders to spot patterns and make more informed decisions.
- Manage a multi-location HR Operations team and inculcate excellence and service mindset through active coach
- You bring the passion for people, operations, and technology into what you do.
- You have prior experience of managing global HR operations in an e-commerce, professional service or media company.
- You have a successful track-record of driving technology-led transition.
- Your attention to detail is exemplary.
- You have the ability to influence people and drive change across culture and geographies.
- You are an inspiring leader, who has built and managed high-performing team.
- You are a life-learner and constantly updated on new developments in HR landscape.
- Global exposure: We have clients and teams operating across the globe. So you can be assured that you get the best experience in terms of the profile you handle.
- Culture & Team: We never stop recruiting the best people because without an amazing team nothing is possible. People at CACTUS are awesome to work with, driven, smart and know how to get things done like nobody else.
- Learn & Grow: Our goal is to keep you as long possible and help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
- Satisfaction & Recognition: With some of the biggest names across the globe as existing clients, doors will open and conversations will flow. You will see the results of your efforts translate into maximum impact. With a competitive salary and our recognition programmes, you will be rewarded for your success.
Reporting & selection process:
This is a new position and reports to Head of HR function at CACTUS. Being a great place to work, we are very selective about who joins our team. If this position interests you, please be prepared to go through an extensive selection process including multiple assessments and interviews.
Job location: This position is based out of our Andheri office in Mumbai.
- Application process
To be considered for 'priority' processing, send in your resume with a cover letter outlining '3 reasons why you think you are suitable for this position' to firstname.lastname@example.org