Associate, Publication Consultant
Editage (www.editage.com) , a division of Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com) a leading provider of communication solutions is a consumer-technology business that helps researchers, scientists, and doctors overcome barriers of the English language in getting their cutting-edge research published globally. Having worked with over 250,000 scientists globally, supporting almost a million papers, Editage is now working with societies, publishers and universities to help bring the world’s best and most important research to the public around the world, thinking beyond the traditional article that has served research publishing for over 2 centuries.
CACTUS is a performance-driven company that offers excellent professional and personal growth opportunities to its employees.
The work environment is very employee-friendly, and CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv.
This is an exciting new role at one of the world’s biggest digital agencies for the academic and publishing communities. Research Communication Services is a growing portfolio at Editage that aims to closely harness and serve the need of the global scientific community to disseminate research for deeper realworld impact and to promote internationalization of academic brands.
Role and Responsibilities:
Our editing team provides language and other publication support services to authors across the globe. Our clients are predominantly researchers whose first language is not English.
As an Associate Publication Consultant, you are required to meet client requirements towards achieving successful publication for scientific research manuscripts. You will be required to project manage a research manuscript through the publication cycle and perform quality assurance checks on the following processes: (1) journal selection (2) technical critique (3) scientific writing to ensure that they meet the standards of international publications.
Your role will primarily involve (a) client communication, (b) coordination with internal and external stakeholders to meet client requirements, and (c) completing the projects within prespecified timelines. In addition, you will perform root cause analysis on client complaints to identify and implement sustainable solutions.
1. Global exposure: At CACTUS, you will be exposed to research carried out worldwide and will get an insider’s view of the burgeoning, multi-million-dollar publishing industry. You will also have unlimited access to exclusive interviews with industry experts, articles on the latest industry trends, and publication and writing tips on our learning and discussion platform.
2. Culture & Team: Our core values are Trust, Excellence, Integrity, Communication, Innovation, and Fun. By internalizing these and maintaining a culture of high performance, our dedicated team works together to achieve exceptional customer satisfaction.
3. Learn & Grow: You will be trained to become adept at reviewing academic manuscripts. Our goal is to help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
4. Satisfaction & Recognition: As part of our publication support team, you will directly work with authors. We facilitate the dissemination of research by helping authors overcome some of the many challenges in the publication process. We ensure that good performance is recognized and rewarded in a timely manner and offer competitive salaries on par with industry standards.
- A post-graduation degree (Master’s, PhD, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written English skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint