Associate Medical Director, HEOR
Who we are:
CACTUS provides scientific writing services to the Top 10 global pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. The team comprises writers with advanced degrees in medicine or the life sciences, and who have either studied or worked in the US or UK.
CACTUS is recognized for its expertise in providing publications and medical communication services to global client teams from the US, UK, Germany, and Japan, among other geographies. CACTUS acts as a trusted advisor and works as an extension of its client teams by not only delivering high-quality work consistently, but also providing strategic guidance for their medical communication needs. Clients value the flexible, innovative solutions provided by Cactus that allows them to manage their budgets wisely and do more with less.
CACTUS is a performance-driven company that offers excellent professional and personal growth opportunities to it employees. People with an international work experience will feel at home with the work culture at Cactus. The work environment is very employee-friendly, and Cactus is recognized as a Great Place to Work.
We are currently looking to add to our team, senior publication professionals with relevant experience working in a medical communications agency or as part of an internal writing team in a pharmaceutical company.
What will you be responsible for?
- Ensure timely production of high quality documents (manuscripts, abstracts, short communications, review articles) for publications in journals or for presentation in meetings and other written communication material supporting pharmaceutical brands, research or educational activities, and other business needs
- Act as document specialist and provide intellectual input across document types
- Develop and maintain necessary templates, formats and styles to ensure that documents generated meet industry, internal, and client requirements
- Review work done by team members and provide appropriate feedback
- Build a high-performance team by hiring the right talent, and coaching and mentoring team members by conducting training activities
- Lead client calls from a scientific perspective
- Participate in strategic publication planning activities
- Participate in RFIs/RFPs and client pitches
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including authors & KOLs
- Drive organic growth through excellence in quality of delivery
So how do we know that’s you?
- PhD/MD in Pharmacology or PhD in any of the Life Sciences, or MPH, PhD in Epidemiology, or similar advanced degrees relevant to the HEOR field, with first-author publications in indexed journals.
- At least 6-7 years of work experience in the HEOR field, preferably within a pharmaceutical company or agency environment
- Superior English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Advanced knowledge of clinical research and the drug development processes, as well as ICMJE, GPP3, and reporting guidelines
- Sound understanding of the HEOR field, with proven expertise in HEOR publications in peer-reviewed journals and congress presentations, systematic reviews and meta-analysis, GVDs, HTA reports, AMCP dossiers, cost-effectiveness analysis, Markov modelling, market access, and analytics
- Proven skills in writing and editing documents for publications, including interpretation and summarization of complex clinical data across multiple studies and phases
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for analysis and presentation of statistical results
- Excellent literature reviewing capabilities
- Excellent data interpretation and presentation skills
- Clear, concise scientific style of writing with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight timelines
- Team management and skill building abilities
- Ability to engage and build fruitful working relationships with client stakeholders
- CMPP certification or willingness to prepare for and pass the CMPP exam
- Expert user of Microsoft Office suite and EndNote.
- US/UK education or work experience will be an added advantage
Selection Process: 2-3 rounds of interview, including an in-person interaction with senior leadership, followed by a test to assess writing or reviewing skills.
Compensation: An excellent compensation package will be offered to deserving candidates.
Relocation Benefits: This is a full-time position and is based out of our office in Mumbai, India. We do have several Cactizens who have relocated from other cities or even from overseas to work with us.
- Relocation support will be provided to outstation candidates.
- For the initial days, you will be put up at the company guesthouse until you find an accommodation for yourself.
- CACTUS will provide you with a settling in allowance. This amount will be paid to you within the first week of your joining.
- Brokerage for the first apartment will be borne by CACTUS.
- You are also eligible for an interest-free loan towards the deposit amount.
Career progression: CACTUS has a well-defined career progression system with clear increases in responsibility and compensation based on an individual’s talents, skills, and knowledge.
Whats in it for you?
- Global exposure: We work with the top 10 Pharmaceutical companies across the globe. So you can be assured that you get the best experience in terms of the profile you handle.
- Culture & Team: We never stop recruiting the best people in the market because without an amazing team nothing is possible. People at CACTUS are awesome to work with, driven, smart and know how to get things done like nobody else.
- Learn & Grow: Our goal is to keep you as long possible and help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally. You will have the opportunity to contribute to building a new team from scratch and managing it. You will also have the opportunity of working closely with senior Medical Directors from top agencies in the US and UK, which will add to the entire team’s skill set.
- Satisfaction & Recognition: With some of the biggest names across the globe as existing clients, doors will open and conversations will flow. You will see the results of your efforts translate into maximum impact. With a competitive salary and our recognition programs, you will be rewarded for your success.