Associate Editor, Humanities and Social Sciences (Office or Telecommute)
Cactus Communications is a leading provider of scientific communication services to more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries. We are currently looking to hire Associate Editors in the Humanities and Social Sciences field. This is a full time position which could either entail working from office in Mumbai or working from home (telecommute).
CACTUS is proud to be ranked 1st among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces – 2017 in a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute India in association with MINT, by HT Media.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- As an associate editor, you will help researchers improve the language and clarity of their documents and ensure that the documents comply with style and format requirements.
- Manage deadlines and have high quality standards.
- Review the assignments done by editors and provide timely feedback with the aim of making them independent contributors.
WHY THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY:
- This position permits flexibility. Candidates from any part of India are invited to apply. You can choose to either telecommute or work from our office in Mumbai.
- You will receive training to become adept at editing and reviewing both academic and non-academic manuscripts and will be provided with the necessary technological support.
- You will also have unlimited access to exclusive interviews with industry experts, articles on the latest industry trends, and publication and writing tips on our learning and discussion platform.
- At CACTUS, you will be exposed to research carried out worldwide and will get an insider’s view of the burgeoning, multi-million-dollar publishing industry.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD, etc.) in the Humanities, Social Sciences or Commerce fields
- Excellent written English skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Application process
To apply, click here submit your details on the form and complete a short screening test. You will hear from us in a couple of days after you take the test. If you meet the benchmark on the test, you will be invited for another round of tests and interviews.
If you face any difficulties while attempting the test, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.