Associate, Customer Service (Japanese National in Mumbai)
Since this is a customer facing role it requires you to work in rotational 9 hour shifts (including 1 hour lunch break). Earliest shift starts 05:30 a.m. IST, latest shift starts 11:30.IST. You need to report at least 15 mins before shift starts. You will also need to work 1-2 Saturdays a month. (You will be eligible for compensatory leave in these cases).
Who we are
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com) is a provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English-language workshops, transcription, and translation. CACTUS offers these services to two key client segments worldwide: Academia (researchers, scholarly journals and publishers, universities, and academic societies and Pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. We have our offices in the US, UK, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore and China. Our full-time in-house staff consists of over 700 people and represents a diverse group of people from India, China, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, the US, UK, Germany, and Brazil. We also work with over 2500 contractors from around the world.
CACTUS recently ranked #1 among mid-sized companies to work for in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey.
We’ve been also ranked #18 in 25 Best Small & Medium Workplaces in Asia – 2018, a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute
We are proud to finish in the 2018 Top 100 Companies for Remote Jobs by FlexJobs! This is the third year for CACTUS to finish in the top 20.
Editage’s 50+ member Customer Service team comprises of passionate customer advocates from 7+ different nationalities and cultures. We work across offices and time zones and use a combination of deep local knowledge, customer preferences, service understanding and passion to delight customers on every interaction.
• Communicate effectively with clients over email and phone calls
- Understand authors’ publication requirements, translate these requirements from Japanese to English and effectively communicate them to internal stakeholders
- Effectively convey the information from the internal stakeholders back to the clients (English to Japanese)
• Be the voice of the clients for internal teams and go the extra mile to delight clients so that they come back and prefer our brand over competition
• Work with team members to monitor and achieve the targets towards client conversion rate, influencing repeat customers, etc.
• Understand market dynamics and analyze as well as share market trends with the relevant departments
Desired skills & traits
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject
- Native level written and spoken Japanese language skills
- Excellent English speaking, writing and comprehension skills
- Very strong customer focus and a customer first approach
- Ability to multi-task and manage stress
- Positive, passionate, open and keen to learn
Preferred skills & traits
- 1- 2 years’ previous experience in a customer service or related role
What’s in it for you
- Global Exposure: work in a global organization and interact with colleagues from different nationalities.
- Culture: work in a young organization with employee friendly culture and polices. We balance work and fun at CACTUS. Cactizens are driven, smart and friendly.
- Competitive salary: a competitive salary which allows you to live comfortably in Mumbai.
- Flight tickets: CACTUS will sponsor flight tickets from your home country to Mumbai and back. We will also pick you up from the airport when you arrive.
- Visa fees: CACTUS will reimburse your visa application fees upon arrival. We will also provide complete support for Visa and FRRO [Foreign Regional Registration Office]-related work when in India.
- Accommodation: CACTUS subsidizes company accommodation close to the office location. This is usually a 2- bedroom/hall/kitchen apartment. Apartment deposit and brokerage will be paid by CACTUS. You will share this apartment with another Cactizen of the same gender. The apartment will be furnished with sofa, bed, and wardrobe. Amenities like a refrigerator, washing machine, water filter, geyser, microwave oven, gas stove, and utensils will be provided. CACTUS will bear the cost of maintaining these amenities.
- Commute to work: During your first few days in India, an Office Assistant from the Helpdesk team will pick you up and drop you back to your apartment and until you are comfortable handling Indian traffic!
- Breakfast: A delicious daily Indian breakfast is available free of cost at office.
- Insurance: You are eligible for accident insurance worth Rs. 500,000 and Mediclaim [Health Insurance] worth Rs. 200,000.
- Health check-up: CACTUS provides a free annual health check-up (provided you are present in office on those days).