Assistant Managing Editor, Earth & Environmental Science
Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, offering English editing and other services to researchers and organizations worldwide. Our team of freelance and in-house editors edits and reviews cutting-edge research manuscripts such that they meet international standards of academic and scientific English.
CACTUS is proud to be ranked 1st among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces – 2017 in a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute India in association with MINT, by HT Media.
As the Assistant Managing Editor of the Earth & Environmental Science team, you will:
- Perform deadline-driven quality assurance checks on manuscripts edited by freelancers
- Poorly worded sentences have been edited for better readability and clarity
- Client instructions and subject-specific conventions are followed
- Handle manuscripts on topics ranging from Geology, Atmospheric Science, Climate Science, Weather Studies, Space and Planetary Science & Environmental Science.
- Interact with talented freelance editors from around the world and proactively provide feedback on their editing assignments
- Mentor new team members to enable them to work independently
- Understand client and industry requirements and adapt working approach accordingly
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with managing people and/or projects
- Ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment
- A PhD or Master’s degree in Earth or Environmental Sciences, with a passion for research and a strong grasp of current academic/industry trends as well as written conventions in this field and its subfields
- Familiarity with creating and formatting manuscripts in MS Word, PDF, and LaTeX
Job location: Andheri (West), Mumbai, India
- Application process
To apply, you will need to click on this link and submit your details on the form, and complete a short screening test. You will hear from us in a couple of days. If you meet the benchmark on the test, you will be invited for another round of tests, followed by the interview rounds.
If you face any difficulties while attempting the test, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.