Assistant Managing Editor, Earth & Environmental Science
Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, offering English editing and other services to researchers and organizations worldwide. Our team of freelance and in-house editors edits and reviews cutting-edge research manuscripts such that they meet international standards of academic and scientific English.
CACTUS is proud to be ranked 1st among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces – 2017 in a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute India in association with MINT, by HT Media.
As the Assistant Managing Editor of the Earth & Environmental Science team, you will:
- Perform deadline-driven quality assurance checks on manuscripts edited by freelancers
- Poorly worded sentences have been edited for better readability and clarity
- Client instructions and subject-specific conventions are followed
- Handle manuscripts on topics ranging from Geology, Atmospheric Science, Climate Science, Weather Studies, Space and Planetary Science & Environmental Science.
- Interact with talented freelance editors from around the world and proactively provide feedback on their editing assignments
- Mentor new team members to enable them to work independently
- Understand client and industry requirements and adapt working approach accordingly
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with managing people and/or projects
- Ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment
- A PhD or Master’s degree in Earth or Environmental Sciences, with a passion for research and a strong grasp of current academic/industry trends as well as written conventions in this field and its subfields
- Familiarity with creating and formatting manuscripts in MS Word, PDF, and LaTeX
Job location: Andheri (East), Mumbai, India
- Application process
How to apply:
- Take this short practice test to get a sense of the type of questions asked: bit.ly/mockmcqs
- Got most of them correct? Proceed to the actual test: bit.ly/cactusediting
- Not quite there yet? Take this free self-paced course on the basics of language and editing: bit.ly/cactuseditingbasics
Once you are done, you should be better prepared for the actual test.
If you face any difficulties while attempting the test, email us at email@example.com.
For other open positions, visit cactusglobal.com/careers
Note: This is a fulltime opportunity, not part-time or freelance