Assistant Manager- Legal and CS
Who we are and what we do
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com ) is a leading provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English language workshops, transcription, and translation. Our company mission is to enable growth through effective communication.
Editage (www.editage.com) a division of Cactus Communications provides high-quality services to academic, publishing, and pharmaceutical communities. If you are looking to gain exposure in the dynamic field of client services, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
1. Responsible for drafting, vetting, negotiating, review and closing various legal agreements of the organization such as master service agreements, Vendor agreement, NDAs, Service Level Agreements, Settlement Agreements, RFP's, lease deeds etc.
2. Independently manage all legal and contractual queries through the legal help desk
3. Designing and monitoring legal process workflow within various entities of the Group
4. Analyze existing & new legislation/amendments & notifications that impact the Business; bring to the notice of the appropriate functions about their implications and applicability; guide them in formulating a suitable plan of action.
5. Liaison with the Legal Consultant for business critical legal issues wherever needed
6. Provide timely legal advice and assistance to other departments where needed on a minimum supervision basis
7. Should have keen interest in learning and applying expertise with respect to international laws and regulations to provide advice on international transactions and transactions related to the group entities Corporate Compliance
8. Coordinate board meetings, committee meetings, shareholders meetings and draft minutes of the same in a timely manner. Drafting of resolutions, explanatory statements and supplementary papers for consideration of board.
9. Ensure timely filings of all forms and documents with statutory authorities such as RoC, RBI, STPI etc.
10. Responsible for maintaining all relevant statutory registers and records as per the provisions of Companies Act and other allied Acts as applicable
11. Assist in corporate actions and compliance with various key matters like related party transactions, CSR, good governance practices, board processes etc.
12. Assistance in managing secretarial compliance for overseas subsidiaries
Desired Candidate Profile
1. LLB with CS degree
2. 4 to 5 years experience and should have worked as in-house legal and CS counsel in a company
3. Strong legal and analytical skills with high level of attention to detail
4. Sound knowledge and understanding of Indian corporate and contractual laws. Candidate having experience and knowledge of international corporate and contractual laws such as US, Japan, Korea, China, Singapore and UK would be preferred
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish effective relationships at all organizational levels
7. Highly motivated, independent with quality mindset
8. Basic knowledge of MS word, excel, power point