Account Lead, Research Communication Services
Want to work with Indias no.1 mid-sized company? Lets talk!
Cactus Communications is seeking an Account Lead to head the entire research communications services portfolio globally and take the ownership of high-value accounts such as journal editorial offices, university departments, and research groups (clients, hereafter).
As an Account Lead, Research Communication Services, you will work closely across levels with senior and middle level leadership including the company’s founders, heads of departments, service delivery heads, and market heads with a vision to scaling up an emerging service portfolio for Editage. You will be exposed to clients and their needs across international markets such as the US, UK, Europe, Japan, South Korea, China, and the rest of the world.
You will work collaboratively with the sales, marketing, and delivery teams to plan, prioritize, and deliver high-quality projects. You will also work closely with clients to understand their needs and deliver compelling products against customized expectations.
- Manage a team of managing editors, content writers, multimedia designers, project manager, and client servicing personnel
- Supervise day-to-day operations of portfolio
- Actively interface with business development and sales personnel across markets to help with lead identification and act upon identified leads.
- Understand client requirements and offer suitable solutions and generate new business
- Be responsible for budget planning AND business performance of portfolio
- Conduct strategic planning to attract potential customers and retain existing clients
- Conduct performance evaluation using key metrics
- Attend international conferences for liaising, networking, and podium presentations
- Proven experience in managing high-value accounts and/or service portfolios
- Demonstrated experience in successfully working at a cross-functional level
- Solid understanding of budgeting and reporting on progress
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and adapt projects in response to changing customer requirements.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), leadership, and negotiation skills
- Hands-on experience of working in the academic publishing industry
- Experience in the science communication domain
- Basic design understanding and/or experience in a creative profile
Eligibility criteria and important considerations:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in account management, preferably in healthcare communications or academic publishing industry
- Prior experience in leading and collaborating with a multi-cultural team, spread across several locations
- Track record of scaling operations and driving execution, in a growing environment
- Excellent decision-making and influencing skills
- Upon selection, the candidate will have to commit to working out of Mumbai