Freelance Pharma/Regulatory Editor
Cactus Medical offers high-quality medical writing and editing services to multinational pharma, clinical research organizations, and researchers worldwide. We work with clinicians, researchers, and KOLs to help them communicate their research to the world. Our strong in-house team of expert medical writers, editors, and fact checkers aims to achieve growth through effective communication. We are looking to add freelancers who want to be part of a world-class delivery team and work in an exciting, fast-paced global environment.
We are looking for freelance editors with experience in editing and proofreading pharmaceutical/regulatory documents.
- The pharmaceutical documents you will work in will include manuscripts, CSRs, CTDs, safety reports, and protocols, written by both native-English speaking and ESL authors. While editing and proofreading you will need to
- Lay strong emphasis on correct sentence structure, word choice, grammar, and punctuation ensure accuracy and consistency of terminology and the data presented
- Apply relevant in-house and industry style guides
- Ensure that the documents are compliant with industry guidelines such as ICH, ICMJE, and CONSORT
- Format the document for consistency, presentation, and overall layout
- Coordinate with the managing editor to ensure smooth on-time timely delivery
One or more of the following will be preferred
- At least 3 years experience as an editor in the medical publishing or pharmaceutical industry
- A university degree or equivalent (bachelors/masters degree or PhD preferably in the pharmaceutical or medical sciences)
- Familiarity with industry style guides and guidelines (AMA, CSE, ICMJE, ICH, CONSORT)
- Meticulous attention to detail, with zero tolerance of errors
- Ability to work under deadlines
- BELS certification (will be an added advantage)
- Comfortable with the Microsoft Office 2007 suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Why work with us?
Becoming a CACTUS freelance editor will provide you with a platform to apply your domain knowledge and English language skills to enable effective scientific communication. Our rigorous recruitment process ensures that we select only the best editors. Our reviewers, and trainers dedicate quality time to ensure that once on board, our freelance editors receive all the information and support they need.
- We screen your CV/resume and check whether your profile meets our requirements.
- We request you to attempt a sample exercise.
- You hear from us within one week of submitting your completed test.
- If things move forward, we sign a freelance agreement and confidentiality agreement with you.
- Once the paperwork is done, you’re on board as a freelancer and we’re set to go.
Note: Since this is a freelance position, job hours are flexible.
If yes, upload your resume and cover letter below: