Bilingual Japanese Medical Writer (Tokyo, Japan)
Bilingual Japanese Medical Writer
The Bilingual Japanese Medical Writer/Scientific Services Team Leader (SSTL) will be a part of the Medical Writing team that specializes in providing scientifically rigorous medical and scientific writing services for pharmaceutical corporations, clinical research organizations, and researchers worldwide. We are looking for medical doctors/PhDs to join our team of world-class medical writers and work in a dynamic, fast-paced global environment.
The scope of work and complexity of the daily activities of the Bilingual Japanese Medical Writer/Scientific Services Team Leader’s (SSTL) responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Writing, reviewing, and managing the delivery of scientific content (in English and Japanese) for a range of medical communications that meet client needs, internal quality standards and timelines (20-30% of time would be dedicated to writing)
- Ensuring that projects reflect a thorough understanding of the clients' objectives.
- Coordinating and managing the input of clients and authors and ensuring that these inputs are translated and transferred to the appropriate project resources
- Participate in client meetings, capabilities pitches for new business development, advisory board meetings as necessary
- Project management and coordination for high priority projects
Key Qualifications & Skills
- Advanced life sciences degree: MD, PhD, or PharmD
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in medical writing within in a medical communications agency or pharmaceutical company
- Ability to communicate well in both English and Japanese, verbally and in writing
- Strong strategic and analytical background
- Strong time management skills to work effectively within demanding timelines
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with clients and thought leaders in a variety of therapeutic areas
- Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and other Microsoft packages
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently
Selection Process: You will be expected to take a writing test followed by three rounds of interview.
Interested? To explore this opportunity, e-mail your updated CV along with a cover letter to Melissa Dias at firstname.lastname@example.org